This creative work has a purpose. To create a watercolor painting with an Art Nouveau style. reflecting the story Impression of Phra Samut Chedi Samut Prakan Province (Walailak Songsiri) that His Majesty King Buddhalertla Naphalai was graciously pleased to to build a pagoda in the middle of the water or “Phra Samut Chedi” on the island at the end of Phi Suea Samut Fort with the hope that it will be a place for worshiping It is a royal merit-making ceremony.” The pagoda is strikingly beautiful. when people traveling from the Gulf of Thailand to the mouth of the Chao Phraya River The first thing that everyone must see is The island of Phra Samut Chedi is majestic from afar. which all sailors have faith to stop for Worship Phra Samut Chedi every time for auspiciousness, therefore it is considered a sacred object of Samut Prakan City.
The pagoda is strikingly beautiful. when people traveling from the Gulf of Thailand to the mouth of the Chao Phraya River The first thing that everyone must see is The island of Phra Samut Chedi is majestic from afar. which all sailors have faith to stop for Worship Phra Samut Chedi every time for auspiciousness, therefore it is considered a sacred object of Samut Prakan City.
From the study of such information, it made an impression to create a work of art by The work process starts from studying the history data. and the importance of Phra Samut Chedi study the theory of art and related theories to create paintings with watercolor techniques The story of the impression of Phra Samut Chedi Outstanding location at the mouth of the river connected with the way of life of Thai people who travel by boat for a long time The composition of the highlighted image is the Phra Samut Chedi placed in the center of the picture. There is a red cloth covering the pagoda. surrounded by water and the ships that travel View of the Sea Butterfly Fortress to emphasize the elegance of the pagoda in the past that used to be an island in the water The colors used are mostly cool colors, including blue, blue, green, approximately 75 percent of the image, with warm tones, reds and oranges, approximately 25%. Curves are used mainly in the Art Nouveau style to create a sense of movement. soft and beautiful.
The creation of watercolor painting “Phra Cha Dei” has an idea to convey the story of his impression of the Samut Chedi. Relationship of the way of life of Samut Prakan people and Thai people in the past who used to use the Chao Phraya River as a travel route Even today Phra Samut Chedi is not an island like before. But the stories and impressions of the majesty of the chedi in the middle of the water are still passed on to their descendants. and is always in the memory of the people of the Prakhan Province
Format of work
The style of creation is influenced by Art Nouveau style. There is an art form that combines Art and Craft, emphasizing natural shapes and patterns. In a way of designing delicate and fluid in a style called Noodle Style.
Show the elegance of Phra Samut Chedi surrounded by water that is a thoroughfare of travelers and merchants. It is the anchor of people’s minds.The chedi placed in the middle of the picture Representing stability, faith, firmness, Red cloth arched over the pagoda It represents the unity of the Samut Prakan people who organize the tradition of red cloth parade over Phra Samut Chedi every year. The intertwining blue curves in the foreground of the image. the
picture showing a relationship with the river The connection of faith and way of life, a junk boat, an Iam Chun boat, a shark boat that floats on the river. Show the diversity of people roaming through the mouth of the river. for dealing, fishing, traveling in and out of the country for Thais and foreigners, including pictures of the island Ocean Butterfly Fortress, the forest from the endemic flora, showing a unique view of the estuary
1. The highlight is the image of Phra Samut Chedi placed in the center of the picture to create balance. and feel stable
2. Lines The work uses curves the most, about 80 percent of the picture, using vertical lines, horizontal lines, oblique lines and other characteristic lines about 20 percent, making the overall work feel soft and sweet movement with the influence of curves. and there are conflicts of lines in other directions Little to create interest in the work.
3. Weights. In the work, 10 percent dark weight, 40 percent middle weight, and 50 percent soft weight were used, resulting in the overall look soft and bright, clear and relaxed.
4. Use of color The colors used in the work It is a cool color such as green, blue, blue about 75%. of the image and use warm colors or warm colors, including red, orange, brown, pink, about 25 percent, giving the overall image a cool, fresh and warm feeling.
To create an Art Nouveau style watercolor painting reflects the story of the impression of Phra Samut Chedi located Outstanding at the mouth of the Chao Phraya River It is an important place related to the way of life of Samut Prakan people. including Thais and foreigners who have traveled by boat for a long time
1. Study Phra Samut Chedi History, importance, rituals and activities, beliefs and narratives related to the beliefs of the people in Samut Prakan Province
2. Study techniques, materials, and art forms used in the creation of works. Study and collect information on creating art in the Art
Nouveau style. At emphasizing natural shapes and patterns with delicate lines
3. Learn how artist Alphonse Mucha creates art that combines colors and lines perfectly. by bringing the surrounding plants and surroundings to the background
4. Summarize the concepts, synthesize and find a way to present the story.
5. Develop a sketch according to the given concept. using the principles of artistic elements
6. Create works of painting with watercolor techniques.
7. Summary of work results
55 X 37 centimeter